bzzzzzzzzzt!

a thailand narrative

Friday, August 11, 2006

Home Sweet Home

I'm back in California! Sad to leave Thailand, but happy to be "home" for a bit. I've spent the last few days (actually one very long day - Aug 10 - extended by crossing the international dateline) traveling from Bangkok to Tokyo to Los Angeles to San Francisco.

The only notable thing about my trip home was the stop in Japan. Since I had an eight hour layover I took the train from the airport into downtown Tokyo. Without a map or any clue about what to do in Tokyo, I wandered to the Imperial Palace and found some really nice gardens to chill in for a bit (a great break after the concrete jungle that is Bangkok). After getting my fill of beautiful ponds, green trees, and Japanese bridges, I wandered around the business district of Tokyo trying to find a sushi place. Apparently Japanese bushiness people don't eat sushi for lunch, because I was unsuccessful. So I took the train back to the airport and spent the remainder of my money on soba noodles and boxed souvenirs for friends.

Now it is time to begin packing my car for the cross-country trek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home