bzzzzzzzzzt!

a thailand narrative

Monday, August 07, 2006

Sick in (of) Bangkok

I hate being sick, and am very bad at it. The day I arrived in Bangkok I came down with some kind of tropical disease - fever, chills, boneaches, nausea - and have been fighting the thing ever since. I can't really get out and see the city, and staying in my room was no fun b/c it was a cheap place with no A/C and no TV.

Yesterday I checked into a very posh new hotel with all the amenties I could possibly want, including on-demand movies! This makes life a bit better, but I'm really ready to be back in the U.S. where I don't have to walk two kilometers along a busy, smoggy street to find good non-thai food.

On the plus side I did go to a fun dance show (khon, thai traditional masked theater dance) this weekend, found some yummy indian food, and laughed at the silly tourists on Khao San Road.

Off to watch some more movies in my room...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home